Monday, February 05, 2007

More details on LG's Hybrid high def DVD player

I had previously blogged about the LG hybrid HD-DVD/Blu-Ray DVD player here

According to Engadget's website the unit will be available sometime in Q1 2007 for the bargain basement price of $1199.

I don't know about you but I wonder what the rationale of early adopters (EAs) will be for getting this? I think the current DVD picture quality is fine. For me the excitement with this move to a newer high definition format is in the amount of data that can be stored on the discs. I guess you have to hand it to the EAs because it is they who make the eventual lower prices for merchandise possible for the rest of us! I think I can hold off on watching The Fifth Element in high definition for the time being, but I sure would like to be able to use either for data archival purposes

No comments: